Wednesday, July 14, 2010

It's all about time...

I don't know about you but lately I just don't seem to have alot of time. Of course this means that my scrapping has pretty much gone by the wayside. However, I did run across an article that I had ripped out of a magazine way back when that had 5 tips for getting a layout done in an hour or less. Here are those 5 suggestions with a few tidbits of my own!

1) Mix older photo's with your current photo's - a "then and now" layout. I did this with my parents 50th wedding Anniversary and it was fantastic!
2) Scrapbook an older photo from today's current perspective. What do you think when you look at the photo? Does it reflect happiness, sadness?
3) Create a mini-book of the year's highlights! Whether it's this year or a previous year - what a great way to cover important events for everyone!
4) Create themed pages! Put a couple year's worth of Easter or Halloween on one page and label them with dates.
5) My favorite "rule" is "You don't have to scrap every picture"!! Pick out your favorites and put the others either in a "pocket" on the same page so you can still look at them or put them in a page that has separate pockets for each photo. Be sure to label the back of the photo with an archival, acid-free pen!!

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment